William J. McKenney, "Bill", has practiced law for over 30 years
His background includes extensive civil and criminal trial experience in State and Federal courts. He specializes in personal injury, wrongful death cases, trucking accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, premise liability, D.U.I. and criminal law.
Previously held the positions of Adjunct Professor (Constitutional Law), Police Commissioner, Assistant District Attorney, and Law Enforcement Officer in both New York and Georgia. He has taught criminal procedure and the law of search and seizure at various Georgia police academies. He has served as a designated arbitrator and has been a candidate for the Superior Court of Cobb County.
Bill’s law enforcement experience has complimented his criminal, personal injury, and wrongful death practice. It has been of particular value in cases involving accident reconstruction, trucking fatalities and premise liability.
Appearances on CNN, WSB, FOX, ABC, and Gannett Television Stations as a guest commentator to discuss laws governing the Impeachment of the President, the O.J. Simpson Trial, police shooting issues, D.U.I. laws, ammunition approved for law enforcement, constitutional rights of citizens accused of crimes, and search and seizure laws, in addition to local stories of interest.
Successfully represented City of Atlanta Court Judges and other government officials in disputes with the State of Georgia involving equal pay issues. He has represented numerous law enforcement officials in civil, criminal, and administrative matters.
Lead counsel in over 100 jury trials. In civil matters he has been retained in and won substantial recoveries for his clients in medical malpractice cases and wrongful death cases. Those cases include brain injuries, elective surgery, drug interactions, anesthesia, spinal cord injuries, and OB/GYN issues. Bill has won numerous seven figure verdicts. He is a strong advocate for patient’s rights and informed consent legislation.
Receiving the highest rating (AV) given by Martin Hubbell. This rating is based upon confidential opinions of judges and practicing lawyers, and reflects Bill’s history of winning large verdicts and settlements for clients in civil matters.
He has represented state and federal officials, major airline officials, oil companies, sports and television news anchors, and various professional athletes including NFL Star running back Jamal Lewis in contract litigation, criminal law and administrative law matters.
Bill has argued more than 50 cases in the Georgia Supreme Court, The Georgia Court of Appeals, as well as the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Admitted to state and federal courts on a pro hac vice basis in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington, D.C.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of New York
- St. John's School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- St. John's University School of Business, B.S. and B.A. Degrees
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- United States Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- New York Appellate Division
- United States Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Georgia
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- United States Tax Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Court of Appeals - Washington, D.C.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Cobb County Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association American Society of Legal Advocates
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell: Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer certified by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer certified by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer - State of Georgia, Certified by The American Society of Legal Advocates
Appellate Cases: Mr. McKenney has argued more than thirty (50) Appellate Cases in the Georgia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, United States Supreme Court and United States Tax Court.